Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Dinner Roll

The end of my first week was on this past Sunday.  We usually spend our Sunday afternoons over at my in laws.  We spend the afternoon having lunch and then talking through our weeks and mostly just enjoying some family time.  My Mother in law, as usual, made a wonderful dinner...but what's even worse than that...dinner rolls, dripping with honey butter.  Everything smelled wonderful!  I think that was my biggest temptation that I've had so far on this raw food journey.  Man oh man did I want one of those rolls, hot out of the oven.  Instead, I sat down to my mixed green salad with avocado, cilantro and natural salsa.

I'm gonna reveal a little here, something women hold tight.  The last time I weighed myself was down at my mother in laws the week before Winter Camp.  I was a whopping 168.  I think I know where all that lies.  So, this Sunday I weighed myself there, since the scale knows me so well.  In the first 7 days of my diet I've lost 9lbs.  The scale smiled up at me (this is after lunch, midday, mind you), 159lbs.  So, somewhere I've lost it.  I don't see where, but it's gone, so that made me smile.  I no longer wanted a roll...that day at least.

No comments: