Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Days to Go






Today begins my 12th day on this raw food craziness...I mean journey!  I've found it to be pretty easy to stick to until yesterday.  I didn't cheat, I stayed the coarse...but I found myself not able to make or eat a salad.  A salad is a pretty simple thing, but the thought of eating it made me feel a bit ill.  I just couldn't do it.  My night 
time snack was much easier to approach, a banana and a handful of almonds.  

I assumed it was just a passing thing, this new rejection of things that have become staples in my diet.  However, this morning I had to pretty much make myself make my morning smoothie.  It's taking me almost an hour to finish it, but I'm muscling my way through.  It's nothing yucky...blueberries, strawberries with banana, pure water and two teaspoons ground flax seed.  It's good.  I think I'm just on that last mile stretch and my legs are feeling wobbly.  Yes, this was a bit of complaining about the diet that "I" started.  The diet I'm now force feeding myself, lol!  It's all because of God's grace that I've been able to start it and stick to it.  There have been temptations that He's helped me overcome (such as the box of Valentines chocolates on top the fridge or the pizza from whole foods we brought the kids that was cooked in a wood burning oven that smelled like this side of heaven).  So, yes, while typing this out, I've managed to finish my lovely purple smoothie.  Lovely.



1 comment:

Holly said...

You can do it! You've done great :)