Saturday, January 8, 2011

So Far So Good

Week one of following a meal plan has gone quite well for me! I love knowing what I'm going to cook. Saying that, I did stray from my plan yesterday. Last night was supposed to be Taco Night. Well, it was freezing outside! My hubby had to work late then drive 5-10mph on 94 in the snow, slowly working his way home. He needed something hot! Or so my mother told me over the phone which made me see that tacos weren't gonna fit the bill. So instead I made a pot of Pasta e Figoli using one of Giada's recipes off food network. It was yummy and hot and I had the ingredients on hand, yay! When I went shopping for my "plan", I picked up extra packs of ground beef and extra cannelini beans for the just in case. Glad I did, both of those helped with our snowy Friday.

Today my dear hubby is off to Caro for a quiz meet with our two eldest kiddos, so...I'm thinking tonight will be Taco Night with me and the little ones. Chicken Stew, and all of it's ingredients, will be in the wings for our next plan.

No comments: