Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fresh Start

This last Sunday was my last day on the raw food diet.  I ended my day with a lovely mixed greens salad with blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and pecans.  Through the whole experience I didn't get the energy I was hoping to, I don't think it was a high enough calorie content or something for running after all these kiddos hehe, BUT I did notice other things.  My hair and skin improved and so did my mood.  I do believe that it did a very safe and effective natural detox of my system.  Good stuff.  Not to mention I lost over 10lbs in two weeks.  Not too shabby, don't shake a stick at it.  I will definitely be doing it again every 3 months or so for the same purpose...detox.  Being on it for two weeks also helped me to curb my craving for sugar and breads.  I don't long after them like I did the first week.  Yay!

Now onto a fresh start!  I started Atkins with my husband on Monday.  He has a two week start on me, but that's ok...we're both in Phase 1 together.  Gonna camp out here until our appetites adjust and his carb cravings minimize.  I like not having to do it alone.  Not to mention I don't have to watch him eat a potato or something like that hehe.  I do miss potatoes....but mostly today, day 2, I miss fruit!  I was so used to my morning smoothie (the same one that I had to force myself to drink the last two days of that diet), and I actually miss them.  I so want to eat a strawberry.  Soon strawberry, don't go anywhere...I'll be back, but with will power!  Last night for dinner we had nachoes with low carb toritillas...was pretty good after not having anything that even resembled bread for over 2 weeks hehe.  Tonight...I have a brisket braising in my crock pot with other yummy good things and will serve that with coleslaw.  Not to shabby fare for a diet in my humble opinion.  Whelp, we'll see how this goes.  I'm determined to develop better eating habits and more portion control in this house!  I think I need lots of prayers!

No comments: